Ana’s Advent Calendar 2013
Do you remember, if you were lucky, having an advent calendar as a child? The traditional kind had small, perforated paper windows to open for each day of December. Each day’s window revealed a small surprise. Usually it was a piece of chocolate or candy. I never had one, but I envied the children who did. Guess what? We’re going to have an Advent Calendar, but we’re going to do it my way!
How will the advent calendar work, Ana style? There will be rules. Of course there will be rules.
- Sign up! Be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you if you are a winner! This will ensure that I track your comments to give you credit for each day that you play. If you have any trouble leaving a comment, please let me know immediately by email. If you do not sign up, you will not get credit for your entries!
- Play daily. Leave a comment responding to a post or answering a daily Advent Calendar question. Only one comment per post will count as an entry, but you are welcome and encouraged to leave additional comments as part of the conversation.
- Check for the winner list on Christmas Day! Those who participate the most will win!
Yup, that’s it! Oh, you want more rules? Well, if you insist.
- Surprise Checks! Prizes will be awarded during random “surprise checks” throughout the month. It may be the first person to post on a certain day, a randomly selected commenter on a randomly selected day, the first person to mention a secret word, or anything else. Surprise!
- Perfect Attendance award! Everyone who comments every day (by midnight EST on the day of each post) of the month will win a small surprise.
- Free book days! A few authors will be offering one or more books free on select days in December. Check for details on the blog throughout the month.